lucene-dev mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: file handle changes
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:28:43 GMT
Hi Dmitry,

On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 20:26 Europe/Amsterdam, Dmitry
Serebrennikov wrote:

> Thanks for giving the file handle patch a try. I'm very glad that it's
> working for you. I wander if either one of you has any scripts / data
> to monitor performance of your Lucene instance. If so, I would be very
> curious to know if you have seen any performance impact of this patch.
> Even without scripts, have you noticed anything just informally?

I haven't run any formal test yet, but I haven't noticed any negative
impact either. In fact, at least in the case of ZOE, your patch should
have a very positive impact on responsiveness as it will allow the app
to keep more indices open concurrently. Will let you know when I get
some real numbers.

Cheers,

PA.