lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:23:16 GMT
On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 09:03 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 02:55  PM, robert burrell donkin
> wrote:
>> 1. access to the server containing the distributions has been restricted
>> for security reasons but these privileges are only required for the
>> actual upload. there are plenty of people on the pmc who have these
>> rights. one strategy that other sub-projects have used successfully is
>> that the release manager uploads to their home directory on
>> cvs.apache.org and then posts a note to pmc at jakarta.apache.org
>> requesting that the release be uploaded to the distribution directories.
>
> i'm on the Ant PMC and an ASF Member.... does that grant me the necessary
> privilege?  i'm not really vying for privilege since we can get someone
> to copy the files for us, though.

please ask on infrastructure :)

>> if a new lucene release is expected then i'd be happy to hang around on
>> this list for a while and give whatever help i can.
>
> it'll take me a few days to squeeze in the time to deal with the build
> process and get it working right with all the JavaCC changes and such.
> but after that the build will be ready for a new release.  i'm not sure
> what else is needed.

(stefan's been hanging around recently so hopefully he'll correct me when
i go wrong.)

see http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager

you'll need a release manager. the release will need to be prepared and a
release VOTE won (as per usual). please remember to cc the jakarta pmc for
the release VOTE. all the releasables need md5 sums and openpgp compatible
signatures creating. it's recommended that the release manager use a
separate (code signing) key for this. (this may require learning how gnugp
or pgp works.)

-robert