lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene build.xml default.properties
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:55:04 GMT
On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 01:45  PM, ehatcher@apache.org
wrote:
> ehatcher    2003/09/20 10:45:32
>
>   Modified:    .        build.xml
>   Removed:     .        default.properties
>   Log:
>   major build process cleanup

bin is now dead!  only two directories are created during the build
process now.... build and dist.  all binaries that we intend to
distribute get put in dist, everything else in build as temporary
artifacts.

because this was a major overhaul, its possible i could have missed
something or screwed something up.  i'm always here, so just let me
know and i'll make it right.  i did my best to cross check the
artifacts previously generated with the ones built from my changes and
everything pretty much matched up, although i noticed there were lucene
JAR files (the core on and demo one) put into the source (-src)
distributions, which is not really appropriate i don't think.

anyway, hopefully this new build works well for everyone.  its far
cleaner.  there are still some "todo" comments/questions in there that
i'll take care of later once any chaos from this change clears up.

i'm guessing we need to notify those working with Gump, so i'm copying
my favorite Gump guy, Stefan. (Stefan - the JAR file needed by other
projects is now in the build directory, not the bin directory - let me
know if anything else needs to be taken care of on the Gump side)

	Erik