lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:50:50 GMT
On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 06:02  PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> I think only Peter Carlson and Doug Cutting can make Lucene releases.

Why only them?  We should have privilege to do what it takes for a
release too, no?  If not, we could get it.

> What do you think about a 1.3 release?

+1

> I think we should resolve the JavaCC situation and them make the 1.3
> release.  Perhaps it would be best to include JavaCC-generated .java
> files in the CVS, as Doug described the other day.

I have on my to-do list to clean up the build process and get the
generated .java files checked in and only re-generated upon demand.
I'm using JavaCC 2.1.  What is the latest version?  I'm also using Ant
1.6alpha in case that matters - I know some changes to Ant have been
made to accommodate JavaCC releases, although I haven't followed the
details.

I could certainly commit the files I've generated if that is ok with
the other committers.

	Erik