lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search Hits.java QueryFilter.java
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 23:17:12 GMT
Doug - points well taken and I'll revert my indentation changes.

I also choose to adhere to the 80-column rule as well (at least I try -
not sure if I have IDEA set up to enforce it).

The missing curly brackets on one-line if/while type things is risky
though - it is easy to think you're adding something to an if clause
formatted like that by simply indenting and not noticing that you need
to put curly brackets (although test cases should catch this type of
thing :).

My apologies for jumping the gun on this.... I violated the first rule
in my favorite style guide, The Elements of Java Style - "Adhere to the
style of the original".  Thanks for your time on this topic.

	Erik