lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search Hits.java QueryFilter.java
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:52:26 GMT
On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 06:46  AM, ehatcher@apache.org
wrote:
>   Reformatted.  Do we have any style guides special to Lucene
> different than Jakarta standards?

I'm doing some thorough looks at Lucene's source code and its helpful
to me to reformat the files with 4 space indents rather than the usual
2 I see.  Are there specific style guidelines Lucene is following in
contrast to the semi-official Jakarta ones?

Also, one-line blocks without curly brackets drives me nuts!  :)  Is it
ok for me to put them around statements like this:

	if (condition)
		doSomething();

??

I went ahead and did reformatting to a couple of files, and I'm not
planning on doing it globally, but just as I encounter them.  I wanted
to check on this before potentially doing others similarly.

	Erik