lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:55:25 GMT
On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 11:49 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 05:40  AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>> I don't know the details, but I believe one needs accounts on servers
>> other than the CVS one, etc.
>
> We'll find a way to get the right privileges to do this soon.

true :)

1. access to the server containing the distributions has been restricted
for security reasons but these privileges are only required for the actual
upload. there are plenty of people on the pmc who have these rights. one
strategy that other sub-projects have used successfully is that the
release manager uploads to their home directory on cvs.apache.org and then
posts a note to pmc at jakarta.apache.org requesting that the release be
uploaded to the distribution directories.

2. now that apache has a new server (minotaur) this is less of an issue
that it used to be. subscribe to infrastructure at apache.org for more
details.

if a new lucene release is expected then i'd be happy to hang around on
this list for a while and give whatever help i can.

- robert