lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: per-field Analyzer (was Re: some requests)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:05:58 GMT
On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 02:34  PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> Any objections or commentary about adding this to Lucene's core?
>
> +1
>
> Of course, it needs some good Javadoc comments, incuding perhaps an
> example.  But this does seem like a generally useful thing to have.

Cool... I just worked up a simple test case and committed it.  I added
javadoc comments.  My personal opinion is that pointing folks to
Lucene's own test cases is the best way to show examples, and also to
promote test driven development a bit more - so I didn't put an example
inline in the javadocs.  But, it currently requires folks get the
source code distribution to see the test cases (or of course from CVS),
which is asking a bit more from users.

	Erik