lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Hani Suleiman <h...@formicary.net>
Subject Re: New highlighter package available
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:41:55 GMT
Yeah, this could probably be managed by ensuring that across versions
of Lucene, care is taken to try and avoid breaking backward
compatibility with plugins. Where it's unavoidable, the release notes
should be very explicit about the old/new usage, so plugin authors can
trivially support the latest versions.

It's pretty much the standard plugin problem, and as long as
lucene-core shows love to those plugin authors, all is well.