lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 release
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:11:11 GMT
Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:
> Thanks very much, Doug. I'll give this a shot tonight. This is basically
> what I tried to do, except that I used rsa key instead of dsa, did not
> know about having the public key file unreadable to others, placed it
> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys directory (is authorized_keys2 in your example a
> plain file?), and didn't use :ext: in the -d option to cvs. I guess
> there's planty here that would have made it not work.:)

authorized_keys2 is for dsa keys, used by the ssh version 2 protocol,
while authorized_keys is for rsa keys used by ssh versioon 1 protocol.
I seem to recall that Apache maybe only uses ssh v2, that's why I
recommended it.  I've generated and installed both sorts of keys, but
'ssh -v' appears to report that the dsa key is the one actually used.

I'm no expert at this stuff.  I too find it confusing.  But I can get it
to work.  So please only interpret my instructions as steps in the right
direction.

Doug