lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <>
Subject Re: 1.3 release
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:07:34 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:

> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> +1 to a 1.3 release.
> I think we should do another RC as soon as Dmitry's changes are
> committed.  Then, if no issues pop up in the next week or so, quickly
> follow it with a final release.  Does that sound like a good plan?
> I'm happy to make the releases.

Sounds good. I tried to get some progress on committing last night, but
I got bogged down in trying to figuire out ssh. I was just trying to
avoid having to type in my password with every cvs command. It seems
that ssh is the way to do that, but the one try I had given it last
night didn't work. I'll try some more today, and if I still can't make
it work, I'll go ahead and commit with regular password typing. The
instructions on the Apache site seem offuly convoluted for the Windows
environment, plus there is no explanation on how to proceed with command
line ssh client for windows. I also tried to follow the Unix
instructions (generating an RSA key, etc), but that didn't seem to work.
What is everyone's favorite way of doing this sort of thing? Any
practical suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, it would be great, I think, to get more test cases in place before
this release goes final. In particular, I'd like to see all test cases
run with RAMDirectory as well as an FSDirectory. I may have some time to
work on this next week.