lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: PATCH: IndexReaderDelete (Bugzilla Bug 12588)
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:43:12 GMT

Dmitry Serebrennikov schrieb:
> Ok, the patch proposed by Christoph has another problem. It ends up
> openning IndexReader twice, but closes it only once. This leaves files
> open that shows up with running TestIndexReader with FSDirectory.
> I's just brackets on the if that were missing. I'm attaching an updated
> patch and a modified TestIndexReader.java test file. It now has more
> checks, comments, and a few more test cases.
>
> By the way, what's the policy on commits? Do I need to some +1s before
> committing fixes like this? What about larger changes like the file
> handles? (Assuming that my commit access still works).
>
> Thanks.
> Dmitry.

Thank you very much, you discovered a stupid bug in my IndexReader patch.
Furthermore, I think you are right about the casual failure of TestIndexReader.
Your patch to RAMDirectory.touchFile(...) seems a good solution.
By the way TestIndexReader with RAMDirectory always succeeds on my hardware
and thanks to your patch it now also works with FSDirectory :-)

Christoph

* Dr. Christoph Goller       Tel.:   +49 89 203 45734           *
* Detego Software GmbH       Mobile: +49 179 1128469            *
* Keuslinstr. 13             Fax.:   +49 721 151516176          *
* 80798 M√ľnchen, Germany     Email:  goller@detego-software.de  *