lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New highlighter package available
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:39:28 GMT
Couldn't we also stick this in the Sandbox, make sure it builds into a
nice little Jar, and just document it in the Lucene's xdocs?
I'm just thinking that highlighting is not something that is a
necessary feature, so why 'polute' the core that should stay lean as it
is today.
The same has been done with Snowball code.

I don't feel VERY strongly about this, but I do feel that not including
it in the core would be a better thing to do.  Those who need it will
know how to get the highlighting jar and put it in their CLASSPATH.

Otis