lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene build.xml
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:09:15 GMT

--- Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 02:09  PM, ehatcher@apache.org
> wrote:
> >   test failure = build failure.
>
> Does anyone disagree with my change to make the test target fail if
> any of the unit tests fail?  (I sure hope not! :)

What does it mean for the test target to fail?  Exit and stop executing
the remaining tests as soon as one of the tests fails?  If that's the
change, I'm not in favour of it, as I like to see all tests finish.

> >   also, added XML test output capture and a standalone
> >   generate-test-reports target to make HTML test
> >   results reports.
>
> Also, to elaborate, I added a generate-test-reports target that uses
> <junitreport> to generate a nice HTML report under
> bin/unit-reports/html (open index.html)
>
> I find it more pleasant to navigate that.

Good, I like that better, too.

> By the way, I'm currently getting 4 failures.  TestRussionAnalyzer
> has
> two: testKOI8 and test1251.  TestIndexReader has two:
> testDeleteReaderWriterConflict and testDeleteReaderReaderConflict
>
> I chalk up the Russian analyzer one to some locale fishiness, but
> surely we can somehow make this pass, right?  I'm I18N-ignorant - can
>
> anyone help with this?
>
> TestIndexReader - what's up with these failures?

The two tests demonstrate an old concurrency bug that a recent patch
from Christoph Goller took care of.  You need to get the latest Lucene
from CVS, and use the Jar from that.

Otis