lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add Lucene Distribution To Mirrors
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:40:09 GMT

--- Erik Hatcher <> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 06:02  PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> > I think only Peter Carlson and Doug Cutting can make Lucene
> releases.
> Why only them?  We should have privilege to do what it takes for a
> release too, no?  If not, we could get it.

I don't know the details, but I believe one needs accounts on servers
other than the CVS one, etc.

> > What do you think about a 1.3 release?
> +1
> > I think we should resolve the JavaCC situation and them make the
> 1.3
> > release.  Perhaps it would be best to include JavaCC-generated
> .java
> > files in the CVS, as Doug described the other day.
> I have on my to-do list to clean up the build process and get the
> generated .java files checked in and only re-generated upon demand.
> I'm using JavaCC 2.1.  What is the latest version?

I think it would make sense to use version 3.0 of JavaCC, which is the
latest version, I believe.

> I'm also using Ant
> 1.6alpha in case that matters - I know some changes to Ant have been
> made to accommodate JavaCC releases, although I haven't followed the
> details.

Hm, I think we should not demand from users to get alpha versions, etc.
Does 1.5.4 (current stable release) have what it needs to have for
JavaCC 3.0?
I also see from Ant's home page that the new 1.6.* versions will
require JDK 1.2 or later.  I think that is fine, I think we already
require this for Lucene.

> I could certainly commit the files I've generated if that is ok with
> the other committers.

I think it is.  Nobody made any negative comments about that

See also:

Do you Yahoo!?