lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: unexpected behavior with reader.terms(term) not folowing contract
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:10:18 GMT
Bruce,

I can't remember where the 'gibberish' text provided by
enum.term().text() comes from exacly, any more, and have no source code
handy to check it for you.

However, the DateFilter modification that you are describing sounds
acceptable.  Would it be possible for you to submit it as a patch (diff
-uN)?  It would also be nice to provide a unit test for DateFilter, if
we haven't got one already (I can't check now), in order to make sure
that your modification doesn't break the existing behaviour.  Could you
do that, please?

Finally, before we apply your changes, we should see whether this
modification really has any significant impact on the performance.  I
assume you will test this with some large data sets yourself, so please
share your results.

Thank you,
Otis