lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Zapletal <zaple...@inf.upol.cz>
Subject Re: URLDirectory
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:51:34 GMT
Hello,

IMHO this should be part of core Lucene because it doesn`t fit to any
sandbox projects. It`s small and it can help a lot! It is just a new
implementation and it uses protected classes from the package so it cannot
be moved!

The problem is that this class uses Java 1.2 objects and Lucene will not
compile on Java 1.1...

I think the test case will be a bit difficult, it`s over HTTP! How can I do
this! And what do you mean with file that packages this as a JAR file so
folks can pull your code?

ps - does Lucene compiles with GCJ? anyone tried this?

Best regards

Lukas