lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene build.xml
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:19:01 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> FYI - this enables running a single unit test like this:
>
>     ant test-unit -Dtestcase=TestRussianAnalyzer

Thanks!  This is a handy feature.

> Anyone object to me changing test-unit target name to "test" and the
> current "test" one to "test-compile"?  Wouldn't it make more sense to
> type "ant test" to run the tests, not just compile them?

No, I think that's a sensible change.  +1

Another Ant-related changes I'd like to see, should you be so inclined,
is to switch things so that JavaCC is not required for compilation.
This would involve adding a new target that has all of the JavaCC tasks,
and adding all of the JavaCC-generated code to CVS.  The main 'compile'
task would then not depend on JavaCC, and hence folks would only need to
install JavaCC if they're changing JavaCC code.

Thanks again for your fixes,

Doug