lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Mila" <bm...@iastate.edu>
Subject Re: Using Reader to index Stored value.
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:48:30 GMT
I am curious about this as well.  I often have to read an entire stream into
a string just to be able to store the value in the index.  It would be nice
if there was a way to specify that a field is to be stored regardless if it
is a Reader value or a String value.   And the same argument could be made
for the UnIndexed() and UnStored() methods which only accept Strings.

Brian