lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <scott.ga...@etapestry.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Erik Hatcher as Lucene committer
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:03:33 GMT
Again, +1.

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to propose Erik Hatcher as a Lucene committer.
>Please enter your vote in the section below.
>
>Erik already has access to Lucene Sandbox repository and is a respected
>member of Apache Jakarta community.  In the past he contributed code to
>Lucene Sandbox, and has helped manage code contributions from external
>developers.  I hear he frequently speaks about Lucene, and the most
>recent talk was at OSCON.
>
>Please cast your vote below.
>
>[ ] +1
>[ ] 0
>[ ] -1
>
>Erik has a +1 from me.
>
>Otis

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,
or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who
is actually in the arena, whose face in marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly;
who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming;
but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions;
who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that
his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt