lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Becker <pbec...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: Parser Question
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:57:49 GMT
Hi Tod,

as far as I know Lucene itself doesn't offer this (at least we failed to
find it). The closest thing available seem to be the Ant tasks.

We are currently working on introducing this notion for our program,
which is open source. Beside the plugin mechanism there will be a file
filter mapping and a thread mechanism to maintain an index as well as
implementations using POI and Multivalent. Give us another week or two.

BTW: has anyone looked into the option of using the OpenOffice UDK
(http://udk.openoffice.org/) as document parser? We wanted to, but I am
afraid we won't have the time. It sure will be a huge plugin and not as
easy to deploy as the average JAR, but it would support a large range of
documents and should be very suited for enterprise document collections.

  Peter