lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Barry <mba...@cos.com>
Subject Re: Sort by search fields ability
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:06:14 GMT
There is a search bean in the contributions section of lucene-sandbox
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/searchbean/).
You may need to tweak it for your particular case and you need to be
aware that
it will increase your resources (mem and startup time) significantly ...
but the right
combination of index size and sortable fields is attainable. Right now,
I use it on a
480M index and have two sortable fields. Setting up the sorting fields adds
significant time to lucene start-up but since I'm embedding lucene inside of
Tomcat, it was a trade-off I could live with.

-Mike.