lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cormac Twomey <cor...@siderean.com>
Subject Fuzzy queries are case sensitive; doesn't behave as documented
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:05:05 GMT

Folks,

I raised this issue a while back but it went unanswered so I'm trying again.

Anyhow, FuzzyTermEnum.java appears to have two problems -

1) FuzzyTermEnum searches are case sensitive. Presumably this is not as
designed? See bug #18014 for a candidate patch.
2) The "Query Syntax" page on the website states in the "Fuzzy Searches"
section, that:

     "Terms found by the fuzzy search will automatically get a boost
factor of 0.2"

    I've found this not to be the case. In my previous email (
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02819.html
) I documented a test case for this. Fuzzy matches appear for me ahead
of some exact matches in some cases. As this is not as clear cut a bug
as the case sensitivity issue, I didn't post this as a bug.

any feedback you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
--Cormac Twomey