lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "none none" <kor...@lycos.com>
Subject Urgent Help on search
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:53:45 GMT
Hi all,
i have problems searching the index, what i do is run a simple query, look for the word:
strontium

no hits are returned but a few documents have it.
I noticed many terms like *ium are skipped.
I dump the index TermEnum and the terms are not there:

stroll
strong
stronger
strongest
strongly
strtype
struck

when i index i use StandardAnalyser.java:

public class StandardAnalyzer extends Analyzer
{

    public StandardAnalyzer()
    {
        this(STOP_WORDS);
    }

    public StandardAnalyzer(String stopWords[])
    {
        stopTable = StopFilter.makeStopTable(stopWords);
    }

    public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
    {
        TokenStream result = new StandardTokenizer(reader);
        result = new StandardFilter(result);
        result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
        result = new StopFilter(result, stopTable);
        return result;
    }

    private Hashtable stopTable;
    public static final String STOP_WORDS[] = new String[0];

}

as you can see, i use no no stop words. I didn't change any of the filters.
What is the problem? what i am doing wrong?
thank you guys.