lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene crawler plan
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:53:17 GMT
On 6/26/03 8:33 PM, "Peter Becker" <pbecker@dstc.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> are you the Andy signing this:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/luceneplan.html? If no -- do you
> know who wrote the page and could you forward this email? Thanks. BTW:
> your website link on http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/whoweare.html
> is dead.

Yes I wrote it.

> The question is: is there some code already? If yes: can we get it? Can
> we join the effort? If no: what are things we should consider doing to
> increase our chances that you guys accept our code in the end? We are
> not really interested in maintaining the crawler bits and pieces, our
> interest is in the visualization. We are happy to get something going as
> part of our little demonstrator, but then we'd give it to you and hope
> someone picks up maintenance.

I never wrote any code, but there is code in lucene-contrib which realized
most of what is in this document.  I was going to write code, but someone
beat me to the punch and I was like "wow I have things I can do that others
won't do for me" and moved on :-)

I'm cc'ing lucene developers list.  You'll find plenty of folks interested
in working with you on this.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver