lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Giulio Cesare Solaroli <slrg...@ibn-italy.com>
Subject Query for term frequency
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:33:54 GMT
Hi,

we are using Lucene quite successfully. Our users are so happy with the
performance of Lucene that they are starting making strange requests.

One of our users would like to find all documents where a given term is
present more than a given amount of times.

As I understand Lucene (I really do understand it very poorly) this
information should be available on the index, but I haven't found a way
to query it within a search statement.

Did I miss something, or this in not possible to achieve with the
current version of Lucene?

In the first case, is there anybody willing to point me to the right
way of doing it?
If the second option is true, is there anybody already working on this?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli

  www.extrapola.com - Online media monitoring
  Giulio Cesare SOLAROLI - CTO

  email: gc.solaroli@extrapola.com
  voice: +39 0545 936031 - fax: +39 0541 821941

  Via Mazzini, 39 - Bagnacavallo, Ravenna - Italy