lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin L. Cobb" <kevin.c...@emergint.com>
Subject Weighting a search using MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:43:55 GMT
I have an index that has three fields in it. When I do a search using
MultiFieldQueryParser, the search applies the same importance (weight)
to each of the fields. BUT, what if I want to apply a different weight
to each field, i.e. I want to consider found terms from certain fields
as less "important" than others. I have applied an algorithm to help me
do this, which involves searching each field separately and then
recombining the results into a single collection, but hate to reinvent
the wheel if I don't have to.