lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Becker <pbec...@dstc.edu.au>
Subject Re: Lucene crawler plan
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:53:27 GMT
Sorry Jack,

after I did send my mail I realized that even many Unix users don't know
that command and even less people from other platforms. Here are the
relevant UNIX man pages:

  http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?file
  http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?magic+5

The idea is to recognize files by certain parts in them instead of using
the extensions. The result of the classic file command is a
user-readable string, although there have been extensions to MIME types.
Unfortunately I can't find a pointer for the latter.

  Peter