lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene BUILD.txt build.xml
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:33:10 GMT
Eric Isakson wrote:
> I took a crack at the modifications to the build.xml and related properties files this
evening. Unfortunately the support for JavaCC 3.0 isn't available in the latest released version
of ant (1.5.3). There is a fix that supports it in the latest CVS for the javacc task but
I don't know when ant 1.6 will be available and don't think anyone would want to make the
build dependent on using the latest nightly ant build.

That's a drag!  I don't think we should require an unreleased version of
ant.  Could we add the new version of the ant's javacc task to Lucene's
lib, as a patch, adding JavaCC 3.0 support to ant 1.5?

> I can find a little time over the next week to move the javacc parts of the build into
their own set of independent targets.

That would be great!

Thanks,

Doug