lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene BUILD.txt build.xml
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:00:55 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Note that the new JavaCC site seems to offer only JavaCC 3.0, and we
> have a bug report that says Lucene doesn't build with version 3.0.
Yeah, we need to fix that.  Anyone want to volunteer?  I won't be able
to look at it for a few weeks probably.

Also, I've been thinking that, for JavaCC, we might switch to an
approach I've used with other projects: check the generated JavaCC
output into CVS.  That way, JavaCC installation is not required by the
main "compile" target, only by a new, separate "javacc" target.  This
simplifies things for most developers, who don't modify the query parser
or StandardAnalyzer.  So only if they want to modify those things would
they need to download and install JavaCC.  Would that be an improvement?

Doug