lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Lucene
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:10:24 GMT
Frank Burough wrote:
> I second Dan's suggestion. I use Lucene as part of a back-end indexing/data management
system that has no web interface. I would be glad to add my company's name to the list of
Lucene users.

 From this, and from a few other messages I've recieved, it sounds like
a  page that lists users of Lucene with descriptions of how they use it
would be a good thing.  However I don't see the point of distinguishing
this from the "Powered by Lucene" page.

So my proposal is:

  1. Remove the requirement that an application must mention Lucene
before it can be listed on the "Powered by Lucene" page.  Replace it
with a recommendation.
  2. Change the formatting of the "Powered by Lucene" page so that each
site can be accompanied by a description.  The size of the index(es)
used, amount of query traffic, frequency of index updated, deployment
hardware, etc. would be great stuff to have, or as much as folks are
willing to provide.  Should we make this a table, or simply let sites
reveal what they will in a paragraph?  My hunch is that the latter will
be more practical: different sites will be willing to reveal different
things, and a table would thus be very sparsely filled.

Any objections?

Doug