lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Weighting a search using MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:10:15 GMT
I don't have the sources in front of me, but I think MFQP takes in an
array of fields to search.  Perhaps you could change it to take  hash
map of fields with values containing the boost for each field, or
perhaps adding another array with boosts, or some such.

You may want to ask on lucene-user list.

--- "Kevin L. Cobb" <> wrote:
> I have an index that has three fields in it. When I do a search using
> MultiFieldQueryParser, the search applies the same importance
> (weight)
> to each of the fields. BUT, what if I want to apply a different
> weight
> to each field, i.e. I want to consider found terms from certain
> fields
> as less "important" than others. I have applied an algorithm to help
> me
> do this, which involves searching each field separately and then
> recombining the results into a single collection, but hate to
> reinvent
> the wheel if I don't have to.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: