lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject DateFilter and ISO 8601 dateTime
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:03:20 GMT
Hi,

I just finished creating a class to convert an ISO 8601 dateTime string
(e.g. 2003-05-30T08:04:49) to a java Date (by extending DateFormat) for a
DateField. I was just going to work on a RangeQuery, but, do I really need
to use a DateField since it would sort alpha-numerically in its original
string form? I must by missing something because I don't see anything of the
sort in my searches. Is there some advantage to using DateField while having
the original date text in ISO 8601 dateTime format?

Thanks,
-Rob