lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: Lucene
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:23:03 GMT
Hi,

Not trying to be confrontational (Lucene is a great product!), but where
does it say you are required to use the logo? I have read the license that
ships with Lucene and does not mention anything about it.

For my search, I use Lucene (recently added) just for XML content searching.
We offer static site hosting that bundles mnogoSearch, rather than using a
Java search. I use other methods for metadata search, and other methods to
order the search results independent of Lucene. I would not agree that my
search is totally 'powered by Lucene', rather 'aided by.' That said, I don't
mind putting the logo on the Lucene search result list. I doubt my customers
would have any idea what to with it...

Also, the logo looks a little on the poor side. I don't know if the lines
outlining Lucene are exactly how they are supposed to be, but the 'flags'
off the 'L' are anti-aliased very poorly (what purpose do they serve?).
Perhaps rendering on a Mac with a different gif codec might help. I could
give it a shot if you want to send the PSD.

Best,
-Rob