lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Isakson" <Eric.Isak...@sas.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene BUILD.txt build.xml
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:48:37 GMT
I took a crack at the modifications to the build.xml and related properties files this evening.
Unfortunately the support for JavaCC 3.0 isn't available in the latest released version of
ant (1.5.3). There is a fix that supports it in the latest CVS for the javacc task but I don't
know when ant 1.6 will be available and don't think anyone would want to make the build dependent
on using the latest nightly ant build.

I can find a little time over the next week to move the javacc parts of the build into their
own set of independent targets.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@lucene.com]
Sent: Wed 6/11/2003 3:00 PM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene BUILD.txt build.xml

	Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
	> Note that the new JavaCC site seems to offer only JavaCC 3.0, and we
	> have a bug report that says Lucene doesn't build with version 3.0.
	Yeah, we need to fix that.  Anyone want to volunteer?  I won't be able
	to look at it for a few weeks probably.

	Also, I've been thinking that, for JavaCC, we might switch to an
	approach I've used with other projects: check the generated JavaCC
	output into CVS.  That way, JavaCC installation is not required by the
	main "compile" target, only by a new, separate "javacc" target.  This
	simplifies things for most developers, who don't modify the query parser
	or StandardAnalyzer.  So only if they want to modify those things would
	they need to download and install JavaCC.  Would that be an improvement?

	Doug