lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Lixin Meng" <li...@fulldegree.com>
Subject search item with '-' in it
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 04:26:02 GMT
Sorry for re-posting this message. Since I didn't get any response from
user-list, I hope someone on developer-list can answer it.

I have a field, 'PartNumber', that has '-' in its value (e.g.
SG-XRRH-C1M0-A).

After indexing, I can perform certain queries. However, I feel confused to
explain the behavior.

- if searching for
	PartNumber:"SG"
		or
	PartNumber:"A"
  it will return multiple hits. I assume the anaylzer might take out '-'.

- if searching for
	PartNumber:"XRRH"
  it will return no hit. So, the above assumption doesn't hold itself. :)

- if searching for
	PartNumber:"SG-XRRH-C1M0-A"
  it will return one hit

- if searching for
      PartNumber:"sg-xrrh-c1m0-a*"
  it will return one hit. So far so good

- if searching for
      PartNumber:sg-xrrh-c1m0-a*
  it will return multiple hits which even include things like
"SG-XSWBRO...". Why?

- if searching for
      PartNumber:"sg-xrrh-c1m0*"
  no hit. Why?

Any comments?

Regards,
Lixin

P.S. I used following filters

    result = new StandardFilter(result);
    result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
    result = new StopFilter(result, m_StopWordTable);
    result = new PorterStemFilter(result);