lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Giulio Cesare Solaroli <slrg...@ibn-italy.com>
Subject Re: Problem with long run IndexSearcher
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 08:04:11 GMT
Eric,

I have start trying to integrate your class in our application.
I have tried to move the class out of the lucene package to be able to
use it without needing to recompile the whole lucene package.

I get this error:
src/java/com/extrapola/search/
IdleTimeoutRefreshingIndexReader.java:400: directory is not public in
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader; cannot be accessed from outside
package
                                         synchronized (directory) { //
in- & inter-process sync

As far as I can understand it, this means that your code can not be
inserted in an external package due to limited visibility granted to
the directory attribute in the lucene code.

Is this correct? Is there any reason to avaid this kind of extensions
in other packages?

Thanks for your attention,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli

>>> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-