lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/searchbean build.xml
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 18:24:27 GMT
On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 11:15  AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> It should have been ${lib.dir} instead of lib.dir, that is all.
> Yeah, the dir should ideally be there, but the default.properties
> refers to ./lib dir, which is not in CVS.

Ah, ok.  I must have created it locally in my environment and put the
Lucene JAR there.  I could check that in, but feels wrong to do so.
For now, folks will just have to do that.

Is there a better way for the contribution build files to refer to a
Lucene JAR file?

> I see somebody fixed lib.dir references, thanks.

That was me.  I'll now remove the setting of lib.dir from build.xml - I
forgot to check default.properties, which is where it is set.

> But now lib.dir is assigned a value in build.xml after
> default.properties is read, which will confuse people who define their
> lib.dir in default.properties.  That assignment should probably be
> removed.

done.

Those folks that are using SearchBean likely will just copy that code
into their own project anyway.  We certainly could go to the effort of
making each one of these builds work as standalone units to build a JAR
file, but that would require knowledge of a Lucene JAR file location.
Can we rely on where it will be?  If so, I'll adjust the build
accordingly.

	Erik