lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject Document scoring - should I file a bug report?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 12:48:58 GMT
I've noticed an oddity in scoring....

If I do my search like this:

searcher.search(query, filter, new HitCollector()
{
	public void collect(int doc, float score)
	{
		tempHits.add(new LuceneHits(doc, score));
	}
});

I get different scores for the resulting documents than I do if I do my search like this:

hits = searcher.search(query, filter);

Both methods return the same number of hits.  I can live with them returning different scores,
I'm just curious as to why it happens.

Furthermore, the first method returns several scores that are greater than 1.0.  Isn't this
supposed to be impossible?  The FAQ states that scores range from 0 to 1.

Thanks,

Dan