lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: Indyo
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 04:31:04 GMT

On Tue, 27 May 2003 23:15:15 -0500, Bryan LaPlante said:
>I'm board now, I finished the lucene-taglib interface for searching
>and
>displaying the index and I want to build a document handling
>interface that
>a user can add and remove files of various extensions to and from
>the index.
>I built one once using the verity engine but the license that the
>development team had was very limited and I ended up with a hack to
>get it
>to work. If I ever encounter this problem again I could just whip
>out my
>handy dandy document shuttle system (catchy name a?) and hand off
>the code
>all taged up and ready for the non-java coders.

The original Indyo was rather all-encompassing, and handling the indexing
aspect as well. I guess in that aspect, it was invasive, hence never took off.
I had a discussion with Erik Hatcher on this list (do a search for 'IFilter' in
the mail archives). I think we did arrive at a reasonable conclusion on how to
move forward. I just have yet to extract code for an implementation of that
discussion.

Can you check out the mail archives and see if its what you have in mind? If
so, I'll put some time to placing some implementation into sandbox.

How does Verity match up with Lucene? :-)

>I tried to get Larm running but it is pretty stubborn and I already
>built a
>crawler using pdfBox and the like, but What I want is more like I
>described
>above. I took a look at your companies web site, you have cool
>products.

Why thank you...