lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <>
Subject Re: FSDirectory won't compile (again)
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 14:18:38 GMT
I thought it was just me - but I have exactly the same build problem.
Planned to look into it when I had some extra time.  I hope I am not forced
to upgrade to 1.4, as that will cause major problems for the moment.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ype Kingma" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 1:24 PM
Subject: FSDirectory won't compile (again)

Dear Lucene developers,

In the current CVS version, won't compile.
This is the corresponding build output:

    [javac] Compiling 4 source files to
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor RuntimeException
    [javac] location: class java.lang.RuntimeException
    [javac]         throw new RuntimeException(e);
    [javac]               ^
    [javac] 1 error

I'm using java 1.3.1 on linux.
Java 1.3.1 seems to lack a constructor with the indicated argument type.

I reported a similar problem with on the 17th of March.
Should I upgrade to java 1.4?

Kind regards,
Ype Kingma

To unsubscribe, e-mail: