lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Bryan LaPlante" <blapla...@netwebapps.com>
Subject MultiSearcher vs IndexSearcher
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 06:22:17 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on conditionally searching one or more indexes using an
instance of IndexSearcher for searching a single index or using
MultiSearcher, passing it an IndexSearcher[] array if searching multiple

I created an index of the lucene docs and placed it in the opt/lucene/index
directory and I created an index of the tomecat-docs and placed it in the
search/lucene/index directory.

When I search opt/lucene/index for the word "class" I get 953 results. When
I include the search/lucene/index and search both using a MultiSearcher, the
same keyword returns 24 results. Why am I getting different results when at
least I should get the original 953 and possibly an additional 24.

Any idea's?

Bryan LaPlante