lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Bryan LaPlante" <blapla...@netwebapps.com>
Subject Search custom tag
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 11:17:24 GMT
Good morning all,

Hats off to the folks involved in this project, you guys and gals are the
true programmers. Writing a search engine is a dirty job and I am glad that
this community is available to me as I muttle through writing the version I
finally got working yesterday. I think I still enjoy business model
programming more than this stuff.

I have a question about how I can offer some of my code back to the
community. I have started writing a lucene-taglib for searching the index
created by what ever parser that you are using. Currently the tag looks like
this.

<JSP:Search id="rs" collection="/opt/lucene/index" criteria="${ query }"
startRow="${ startRow }" maxRows="${ maxRows }">

What ever you have decided to store in your index can be retrieved like so:

rs.getField("summary") or rs.getField("url")

The tag just finds any field in the result and lets you use the getField
method to retrieve it with in each loop of the result.

</JSP:Search>

My hope is to extend the tag with two more tags for adding multiple
collections and criteria to the result set. Where should I go to make this
code available to all of you who have been so helpful to me.

Bryan LaPlante