lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Lixin Meng" <li...@fulldegree.com>
Subject RE: Highlight Search Result
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:43:14 GMT
I appreciate for all the responses from this list.

Tatu mentioned that there are at least two patches (one from you, one from
Tatu).
- Are they independent from each other, or I need to apply both?
- If no, which one is better? :)
- I am curious why they are in the form of patchs (submitted around March
13) rather than incorporated in to 1.3RC1 (March 20 released). Will they
(which one) be incorporated into the code base? Again which one?
- Also, why iq-computing.de's solution won't work with 1.3?

Have a nice weekend,
Lixin

-----Original Message-----
From: none none [mailto:korfut@lycos.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 4:26 PM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: RE: Highlight Search Result

 i think Tatu explained enough, anyway, the term collector i posted will
give to you the terms array, from that using the LuceneTools from
iq-computing.de you can make it run (please note the use of SlopeClause, it
helps build highlight of PhraseQuery with slop>0)
Will be a good challenge make it working, if you find it hard tell me and
i'll see if i can help more.
Ciao.
--

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:30:54
 Lixin Meng wrote:
>Thanks for the information. I am glad that I asked. If you don't mind, it
>leads to more questions. :)
>
>- I read the patch is pretty new (3/2003). Does that mean I need to use the
>CVS version of the code?
>- Also, in your archived email, you mentioned a Highlighter class. Is it
>part of the code base now (sorry, I didn't download the CVS yet)?
>- Or, is there any sample or documentation about using this new feature?
>- Is there any planned date for the next release, which will make the
change
>official?
>
>Regards
>Lixin