lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Lixin Meng" <li...@fulldegree.com>
Subject Highlight Search Result
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 00:56:14 GMT
When I was looking for a solution that can highlight the query terms in the
search result, I came cross the following one.

http://www.iq-computing.de/lucene/highlight.jsp

It sounds a good solution to me. However, to make it working, one need to
modify Lucene source code (such as change some private declaration to
public). I guess you guys already know about it. Just wonder if there is any
plan (or there is any procedure) to incorporate the suggestions into Lucene
code base?

If the answer is no, anybody knows other solution, which doesn't require
code change, for highlighting?

I am hesitating to make a variation out of Lucene main stream, since I will
have to patch it everytime Lucene has an new release. After all, I just want
to use it.

Regards,
Lixin