lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: IFilter
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:27:13 GMT
On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 09:53  PM, Kelvin Tan wrote:
> Anyone think there's potential in something like MS Index Server's
> IFilter
> concept for lucene?

Absolutely.

The indyo project in the sandbox as well as my ant code have the
concept of a DocumentHandler that is pluggable.

I think this idea has been discussed on the list a long while back too.

We really only need an interface that has a method which returns a
Document, right?  In my ant project (in the sandbox also), it takes a
java.io.File, but this should be made more generic (perhaps using
Commons VFS API?).  Thoughts on what that interface should look like?

	Erik