lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: IFilter
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:27:13 GMT
On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 09:53  PM, Kelvin Tan wrote:
> Anyone think there's potential in something like MS Index Server's
> IFilter
> concept for lucene?

The indyo project in the sandbox as well as my ant code have the
concept of a DocumentHandler that is pluggable.

I think this idea has been discussed on the list a long while back too.

We really only need an interface that has a method which returns a
Document, right?  In my ant project (in the sandbox also), it takes a, but this should be made more generic (perhaps using
Commons VFS API?).  Thoughts on what that interface should look like?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message