lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <scott.ga...@etapestry.com>
Subject Re: Chainable Filter
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:43:52 GMT
What does ChainableFilter do?  If it does what I would guess it does by
the name, why wouldn't we want all Filters to be "chainable" rather than
have a special kind?

Scott

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> +1 on adding ChainableFilter
>

> On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 03:29  PM, Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
>
>> Has there ever been any thought of adding Kelvin Tan's Chainable
>> Filter to the Lucene Package proper?  Since  a few people are using,
>> it seems that it would be better to maintain it with the official
>> lucene source.
>>
>> Also, several of the links are broken (including the link to the
>> Chainable Filter - hence a second reason for adding it to the
>> source... Since there is no other official source) on the
>> contributions page.
>>
>> Dan

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither
liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin