lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject JavaCC
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:12:59 GMT
I wonder if we should change the way we use JavaCC so that folks who
don't change the query parser or standard analyzer don't have to
download JavaCC.

To implement this, we could check JavaCC output files into CVS, like we
do Anakia output.  Then we'd add a build target (or targets) to run
JavaCC and generate these files.  The "compile" target would no longer
depend on JavaCC.

This would make development for folks modifying the query parser or
standard analyzer slightly more complex.  These folks would need to use
a command like 'ant javacc compile' instead of simply 'ant compile', but
that does not seem too great a burden.

Thoughts?

Doug