lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Karsten Konrad" <Karsten.Kon...@xtramind.com>
Subject AW: Highlight Search Result
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 09:12:53 GMT

Hi,

another simple solution to highlighting is to (1) collect the terms
that are used when searching in the idf(term, searcher)
method of Similarity and then (2) to use this collection for
highlighting.

You must define your own sub-class of Similarity to do this
and put a new instance of Similarity into the IndexSearcher
whenever you start a new search. Also, the terms stored in the
collection are the stemmed versions, so your highlighting code
must use the same stemmer to recognice the terms. However, no
changes to Lucene's code are necessary to do all this.

Regards,

Karsten

--

Dr.-Ing. Karsten Konrad