lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <kelvin-li...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: Chainable Filter
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:43:45 GMT
>>From the Javadocs:

 * A ChainableFilter allows multiple filters to be chained,
 * the resulting bitset depending on the logic applied.

 * Order in which filters are called depends on
 * the position of the filter in the chain. It's probably
 * more efficient to place the most restrictive filters
 * /least computationally-intensive filters first.

I guess the name ChainableFilter would be more appropriately called a
FilterChain, except that its name wouldnt obviously suggest it being a Filter,
which it is. Perhaps ChainedFilter?